Monday, December 20, 2010

Louis Vuitton Cruise Trunk Show In Atlanta


 Louis Vuitton with the assistance of Vogue’s Andre Leon Talley recently held a trunk show highlighting the cruise collection at the brand’s Atlanta location. The major ladylike theme for this collection is not news, though as we’ve mentioned before, the fashion is really just a backdrop for the bags, which very much make up the lion’s share of LV’s sales. It’s a reality that popped up a bit today when NewYork magazine dug through its archives for a 2008 quote from Carine Roitfeld, part of which hinted she would eventually step down from her job as editor, “Right now I think that fashion in the world becomes a bit boring. There is so much money, and I feel a bit when you go to shows they want to sell so many handbags, and for me, well, I do not like handbags. I do not wear handbags. It is not a nice look, to carry a handbag.” More images from the show on the next page.









No comments:

Post a Comment