Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fabolous – Wolves in Sheep Clothing

In true “Bawse”-fashion, Fabolous drops the visual rendition of his take on Kanye West’s “Devil in a New Dress” which has been blessed with the much revealing title “Wolves in Sheep Clothing.” The reflective black and white video ups the anticipation for Loso’s upcoming mixtape project The S.O.U.L Tape, which will contain his raps over old soul sampled beats. As he recently told XXL, the rapper has put some thought behind his latest offering:


“I did the poll [on Twitter] to get people interactive with it and see what names they would come up with. I’m doing it over all old soul sampled beats, so I wanted to keep the world ‘soul’ within the title.For a while there hasn’t been a tape without a DJ since like maybe Drake’s tape or Lil Wayne’s tape. Everybody usually has a DJ attached to it which is dope, I think it’s a dope thing for both the DJ and the artist. They usually blend the tapes well and it good for the music, but I think I want to do it without— just music. Its kinda one of those tapes that I want people to just sit through and listen and really hear the lyrics. DJ’s bring it back sometimes or they’re talking on top of it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment